Force10 E-Series Terascale Switch/Routers
The Force10 E-Series Terascale switch/routers deliver line-rate performance, cost-effective scalability, and robust L2 switching and L3 routing. Force10 Networks is the pioneer in resilient Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching and routing. Based on revolutionary system architecture that combines fully distributed hardware and modular software, the E-Series switch/routers ensure predictable application performance, increase network availability and reduce operating costs.
- Patented multi-processor - three CPU route processor delivers best-in-class resiliency and security
- Scalable, non-blocking switch fabric enables the low latency and jitter critical for streaming media applications
- High performance Force10 ASICs distribute packet forwarding, ACL processing, QoS and buffering to every line card
- Robust Force10 FTOS™ software delivers full functionality L2/L3 multiprocessor control plane with innovative control traffic filtering and rate limiting capabilities
- Cost-effective, reliable — 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet ready — passive copper backplane maximizes system reliability and minimizes cost
- High availability features include hot-swap of all key components and system-wide environmental monitoring, maximizing system uptime and serviceability