Network Hardware Resale Experiences Global Growth in 2011; Offers Industry-Low Failure Rates and Savings of More than 70 Percent Off List Prices
Pre-Owned Networking Equipment to See Continued Demand Globally
Santa Barbara, Calif. ─ February 14, 2012 ─ Network Hardware Resale, the world's leading provider of pre-owned and new networking equipment, continues to demonstrate momentum and growth globally. Network Hardware Resale is coming off of its most successful year to date providing customers throughout the world with reliable networking equipment and services, and is looking ahead to extending that momentum this year.
In 2011, Network Hardware Resale was able to save their customers on average:
- More than 70 percent off of Cisco list prices on used current generation networking equipment and nearly 90 percent off used legacy equipment that is no longer available from traditional channels.
- More than 75 percent off new and used IT equipment from other OEM vendors such as Juniper, Dell Force10 and HP.
- More than 80 percent off optic equipment including GBICS and transceivers.
- The company shipped more than 500,000 items in 2011.
- The company's pre-owned hardware had a failure rate of 0.5% (verified by TL 9000 quality control processes), which is lower than the failure rate for new equipment from the original manufacturer.
"As IT buyers continue the push to minimize their expenditures for existing IT platforms, the acceptability and sales of used IT equipment will remain robust," said Joseph Pucciarelli, Program Director of Technology Financial & Executive Strategies at IDC. "Used IT equipment is a logical way to add network capacity while saving on costs."
Network Hardware Resale recently surveyed more than 550 of its customers across nearly 50 countries to better understand the implications behind network purchasing decisions.
The top purchasing decisions in order of priority included network expansion, upgrading old equipment, followed by new capital investment and the need for equipment no longer available from the traditional channel. Network Hardware Resale customer satisfaction levels are high, with over 95% of customers ranking sales support and responsiveness as above average or excellent.
The survey also revealed the top five influencers driving purchases of NetSure™, Network Hardware Resale's network maintenance solution:
- Cost savings versus OEM maintenance solutions, including SMARTnet®
- Availability of replacement equipment
- Outstanding customer service
- Ability to support products beyond OEM end-of-life
- Responsiveness of technology support staff
"Global demand for our products and services has never been higher, particularly as companies continue exploring ways to keep costs down while maintaining and growing their network," said Mike Sheldon, president and CEO of Network Hardware Resale. "We aim to help our customers better understand the lifecycle of their networking equipment to make educated decisions on when and how to upgrade."
The momentum that Network Hardware Resale experienced over the past year is noted by several milestones:
- Joined Dell's PartnerDirect program as a Premier Dell Partner: With this new designation, Network Hardware Resale extends its network management and IT services expertise to Dell products.
- Ramped up global presence: increased focus on the Asia-Pacific market and also opened a new office in Sacramento, California to better serve customers.
- Expanded NetSure™ family of comprehensive, fully-managed network service and support programs: providing a one-stop resource for network monitoring, technical support and unprecedented assurance for multi-manufacturer network environments.
- Extended Global Network Management and Network Operations Centers: At the heart of NetSure's service capabilities are state-of-the-art Global Network Management and Network Operations Centers (NOC) now in Santa Barbara, California; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; and Singapore.
- Received TL 9000 certification for the third consecutive year.
About Network Hardware Resale
Network Hardware Resale is the world's leading provider of pre-owned and new networking equipment. Based in Santa Barbara, Calif., the Company is an independent reseller of pre-owned Cisco, Brocade/Foundry, and Juniper networking equipment and is a Premier member of Dell's PartnerDirect program. Network Hardware Resale offers cost-effective network management, asset management, alternative maintenance and technical support services. Founded in 1986, Network Hardware Resale provides access to global personalized technical and sales support from its Santa Barbara, Dallas metro, New York City metro, Amsterdam, London and Singapore locations. Organizations worldwide purchase quality networking equipment from NHR, including Global 1000 companies, small and mid-sized enterprises, government entities, educational institutions, healthcare organizations and telecommunications service providers. For more information, visit www.networkhardware.com.